Let's ReTool our Design, Creation and Management Roles in Learning!
You and Your Colleagues are Invited to Our New, Experimental and Experiential Learning LAB:
Learners of today and tomorrow require new and evolving skills from learning professionals. It is time to ‘Retool’ into Learning Producers.
The skills of instructional design, program creation, content delivery, performance consulting, curation and learning management will continue to be important, but the Learning Producer has a wider set of competencies and capacities including:
- User Experience
- Design Thinking Applied to Learning
- Curation: Content and Context
- From Social "Learning" to Collaboration
- Learning Ecosystems
- Performance, Workflow and On The Job Learning Support Tools
- Adding Engagement, Competition and Entertainment to Learning
- Learner Centered Content
- Learning Data Analytics
- Really Blending Tech and Human Learning Resources
- Emerging Opportunities of ChatBots and Smart Speakers
- Brain Science Applied to Learning
- AI and Machine Learning - Getting Ready!
- Learning Systems, xAPI, LRS and Knowledge Clouds
- Beyond Courses and Classes: New Brands and Formats
- Lego Designs - Preparing for Content ReUse & BlockChains
- Building Learning Producers: Skills, Approaches & Careers
- Global and Diverse Workers as Learners
- Assessing Learning Innovations: Yes, Maybe or Hype?
- And more...
The Learning Producer will add many of these skills to their instructional design skills. As a Producer, much of the content they’ll be assembling and distributing will be from Open or External Resources. As a Producer, they will facilitate a wider range of choices of the format, setting, intensity, and framework of learning activities. And, as a Learning Producer, their use of Data and Analytics will become a major force in design and personalization.
Finally, the Learning Producer title provides better positioning for future career opportunities, with a wider set of transferable skills and readiness to play other roles in other parts of the organization.
Elliott Masie will bring his 48 years experience as a learning researcher, advocate and community builder - along with a decade as a Producer of Broadway Theater (e.g. Kinky Boots, The Prom, The Cher Show, American Son and SpongeBob) to this brand-new interactive LAB. Over the 2 1/2 days in the MASIE Center LAB, a small group of participants will experiment with Learning Producer roles, skills and projects. Learning Innovators, Chief Learning Officers and UserExperience experts will join us by live video throughout the program. Participants will be working on a set of projects that can be applied to challenges and opportunities back home. There will be 2 hour follow-up online sessions 5 and 6 weeks after the LAB to extend our learning.
Note: You will be highly engaged, challenged and asked to help explore the evolving roles of Learning Producers in a dynamic and interactive LAB experience.