The MASIE Center:
The MASIE Center is an international Learning LAB working with Global Organizations designed and hosted by Elliott Masie, Chair of The Learning CONSORTIUM, and a leading advocate of learning technology innovation for the past 40 years.
The MASIE Center Learning Lab is a $2 million facility we designed and built in Saratoga Springs, New York that was specially built for Learning research, development and training. The 10,000 square foot facility is an active "sandbox" used for our Labs & Learning CONSORTIUM activities.
Here is a glimpse of the technology and capabilities of the Learning Lab:
- Learning Tools: Our workstations, tablets and platform network will provide you with the most recent tools, systems and learning examples from organizations around the globe. These include an opportunity for deep hands-on time with learning and knowledge tools and systems.
- Virtual Teaching Studios: These are dedicated rooms that you will use to practice a range of techniques. They allow you to experiment with a dozen different virtual learning platforms, ranging from audio to web-based classrooms to broadband video collaboration.
- Mobile & Mobility for Learning & Content: We have a wide range of mobile devices, platforms and resources to demonstrate and experiment with emerging models of content, context, community, collaboration and performance support.
- Video Capture & Presence: We are continually experimenting with both Live and On-Demand video capacities for wide scale organizational learning. There are many generations of video cameras and platforms throughout the building.
- Robots, 3D Printing, Drones, Wearables, iBeacons & More: Our LAB is jammed with new and emerging technologies that may provide "affordances" for radically different models of learning design, production and delivery.
- Learning Lab & Studio: This is a 2,000 square foot main location for our LAB, Seminar and Testing activities, containing workstations, displays, content systems, Gaming Platforms, Group Decision software, Collaboration systems, Audience Response Systems and a host of tools to add to your learning and creativity.
- Project & Workgroup Rooms: You and your teammates will have access to project rooms throughout the building for group assignments.
- Connected Classroom, Remote Expertise & Access: We can bring multiple learning experts into our 360 Degree Learning Lab - from remote points around the world - as well as provide learners with the ability to collaborate with their back-home colleagues during the LABs.
- Learning Innovations: We are continually experimenting with emerging, existing or even legacy learning innovations – through active labs and evidence based assessment.
- Hackathon Ready: Each of our programs includes a "Hackathon" element - where participants engage in a compressed innovation and brainstorming process - to create a next-generation sketch out of learning approaches with "yet to be developed" technologies.
- Usability Focused: Innovation MUST have a Usability Check-Point! The MASIE Center's Learning LAB has a dynamic "Usability" model to explore if new learning technologies are user ready, user friendly and user expandable.
- And More Every Week....