Learning Leadership Questions We Will Explore at our Diversity and Learning LAB
What are the Roles of Learning & Development in Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging?
- Can L&D add value and influence to the Inclusion and Diversity Effort?
- How are the skills and perspectives of L&D – from Design, Engagement, Assessment and Delivery applicable to Inclusion and Diversity?
- If L&D is not overly diverse – can we still have a role?
- What do we have to ADD as Learning Professionals to better support Inclusion and Diversity?
How is Learning “Walking-the-Talk?”
- How does L&D model inclusive behavior?
- What is the importance of language in our diversity strategies and curriculum, and how can we educate L&D professionals in the use of appropriate and inclusive terminology?
- How can we avoid unintentional bias in our training materials and courses?
- Do our Learning teams reflect the workforce and the communities that we serve now and in the future? How do we encourage more diversity, particularly people of color, in the Learning & Development profession?
- What are some resources that L&D professionals can reference regarding diversity and inclusion?
How does Learning have a “Seat at the Table?”
- How can we ensure that Learning Leaders are involved in the creation of the Company’s Diversity plans?
- How can Learning organizations support management initiatives around diversity?
- How can L&D help in shaping a culture of inclusion?
- Can our metrics be used more broadly as indicators of an inclusive work environment? What metrics should we be using to measure both inclusion in our programs and our learner’s ability to apply inclusive behaviors back-on-the-job?
- Which other internal groups should we be partnering with, as we address issues of diversity and inclusion? What should our partnership be with Talent Acquisition, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sourcing, and even Multicultural Marketing look like?
- Is there a way to tell if our instructional design model is non-inclusive?
- What is Learning’s role in dealing with incidents and issues around diversity?
- What is the current role of Affirmative Action Planning and how can it impact the Learning Strategy?
How does Learning weave D&I into existing programs?
- How can we incorporate topics of diversity and inclusion in our Leadership Training? How do we shift the mindset from D&I training being separate, to integrated into our orientation, skill-building and high-potential programs?
- How do create both “safe spaces” and “brave spaces” into the classroom and programs to encourage healthy, brave and safe conversations to move the dialogue forward.
- Should we provide a range of coaches/facilitators/SMEs to affiliate with a diverse set of associates?
- How do we ensure that non-diverse audiences do not feel alienated?
- How do we move beyond “preaching to the choir” to include non-diverse audiences in the conversation?
- How do you gauge the audience’s experience, opinions and positions to meet them at the right level?
- In what ways can online learning be exclusive or inaccessible?
- What are the guidelines for accessibility and inclusion for online training materials?
- Are there tools or products that can be used to develop more accessible training?
- What sort of modifications or accommodations in the classroom should we consider for those with disabilities?
- How do we make our Performance Support tools more relevant and inclusive?
- How can we make Compliance Training more inclusive, relevant, and more than a “check-the-box” activity?
How Can New Technologies and Learning Approaches Support Diversity & Inclusion Efforts – including ChatBots, Smart Speakers, Micro Learning, Performance Support, Continuous Coaching and Collaborative Experience?