TO: Learning, Training & Performance Colleagues
FROM: Elliott Masie, Host & Curator
RE: "Curation & Learning LAB" in May 2017!
Curation is a key, strategic, and evolving opportunity and challenge for the Learning & Development field.
As content, context and collaboration for Learning expands, your employees are facing a wider Learning Panorama. Curation is the process of finding, sorting, organizing, rating, ranking, recommending, validating, clearing, tracking and personalizing learning resources.
You and your colleagues are invited to participate in our just added, unique, vendor-neutral Curation & Learning LAB experience with Elliott Masie in our Learning Center in Saratoga Springs - deeply exploring, experimenting, assessing and deploying a range of curation strategies:
May 9-11, 2017
Learning LAB @ MASIE Center
Elliott Masie will host a small group of learning colleagues in a 2 ½ day intensive exploration and lab experience at the 10,000 square foot MASIE Learning LAB in Saratoga Springs.
We will explore:
- Curation for Learning: Why, How, Models & Strategies
- Curation Tools: Leveraging Learning Systems (LMS/LCMS)
- Curation Tools: Leveraging Learning Apps & Frameworks
- Curating Internal Content
- Curating External "Open" Content
- Personalization of Curation: By Role, Style & History
- Curation of User Created Content & Collaboration
- Curation & Compliance: Keeping it Legal & Safe
- Performance Support & OJT Curation
- The Learner as Curator?
- Curating Real Time Content for Wider Use
- "Recommendations" (Ranks, Ratings & Advice)
- Governance of Curation
- Curation Skills for Learning Professionals
- "Truth Testing" & "Appropriateness Screening"
- Curation for Transfer: Learning at the Moment of Need
- Curation and Learning Designers/Producers
- Building a Curation Taxonomy: Tags, Keys & Sorts
- Machine Learning & Curation
- The Librarian as a Curation Model
- Curation Goals: Targeting, Transparency & Optimizing
- Mapping Curation to Current Design Models (eg. Addie)
- Curation for Global and Diverse Workforces
- Curiosity Based Curation: From Siri, Alexa and More
- And Emerging Curation Tech & Methodologies
Our first Curation & Learning LAB sold-out in early March 2017. We had participants from around the world and a wide range of industries. It was one of our most exciting LAB's ever conducted at The MASIE Center and included video interviews with 7 learning experts with perspectives about Curation, Learning Design, Metadata, Learning Innovation and more. Register early for our May edition of Curation & Learning LAB, as we expect it to fill rapidly!