TO: Learning, Training & Performance Colleagues
FROM: Elliott Masie, Host & Curator
RE: "Curation & Learning LAB" Announced!
Curation is a key, strategic, and evolving opportunity and challenge for the Learning & Development field.
As content, context and collaboration for Learning expands, your employees are facing a wider Learning Panorama. Curation is the process of finding, sorting, organizing, rating, ranking, recommending, validating, clearing, tracking and personalizing learning resources.
You and your colleagues are invited to participate in a brand new, unique, vendor-neutral Curation & Learning LAB experience with Elliott Masie in our Learning Center in Saratoga Springs - deeply exploring, experimenting, assessing and deploying a range of curation strategies:
Learning LAB @ MASIE Center
Elliott Masie will host a small group of learning colleagues in a 2 ½ day intensive exploration and lab experience at the 10,000 square foot MASIE Learning LAB in Saratoga Springs.
We will explore:
- Curation for Learning: Why, How, Models & Strategies
- Curation Tools: Leveraging Learning Systems (LMS/LCMS)
- Curation Tools: Leveraging Learning Apps & Frameworks
- Curating Internal Content
- Curating External "Open" Content
- Personalization of Curation: By Role, Style & History
- Curation of User Created Content & Collaboration
- Curation & Compliance: Keeping it Legal & Safe
- Performance Support & OJT Curation
- The Learner as Curator?
- Curating Real Time Content for Wider Use
- "Recommendations" (Ranks, Ratings & Advice)
- Governance of Curation
- Curation Skills for Learning Professionals
- "Truth Testing" & "Appropriateness Screening"
- Curation for Transfer: Learning at the Moment of Need
- Curation and Learning Designers/Producers
- Building a Curation Taxonomy: Tags, Keys & Sorts
- Machine Learning & Curation
- The Librarian as a Curation Model
- Curation Goals: Targeting, Transparency & Optimizing
- Mapping Curation to Current Design Models (eg. Addie)
- Curation for Global and Diverse Workforces
- Curiosity Based Curation: From Siri, Alexa and More
- And Emerging Curation Tech & Methodologies