We are 230 organizations seeking a few new colleagues. We include the learning leaders of some of the largest companies in the world (e.g. Wal-Mart, jcpenney, British Airways, Wendy's International, Ericsson and American Express). Every day throughout the year, Learning CONSORTIUM members turn to each other and the staff of The MASIE Center for benchmarking, networking, research and collaborative projects in the Learning and Training field.
Here are a few examples of how our CONSORTIUM benefits from collaboration on a daily basis:
- A member contacts the CONSORTIUM office to identify 2 members using a specific Learning Management System to get references, context and experiences.
- Six members collaborate in a working group to consider alternative models for employee orientation and onboarding.
- Elliott Masie conducts coaching sessions with learning executives from a few member organizations.
- Members participate in a “rapid fire” poll to benchmark spending per employee on compliance issues.
- A MASIE staff member attends a conference and sends a podcast and text summary to all CONSORTIUM members.
- Members provide Microsoft with input on how its new operating system could support content sharing for learning.
- A member brings several of its business leaders to The MASIE Center Lab in Saratoga for a strategy session on the futures of learning and collaboration.
More than 3,000 people in 230 organizations worldwide collaborate and learn together on the issues and challenges you face. Together, we are evaluating, inventing, revising and improving the exciting field of learning! This is a community of trust, appropriate confidentiality and syndicated efforts to enhance the effectiveness of our efforts on learning and training.
The Learning CONSORTIUM is a small and very focused organization. The charge is only $5,000 per entire company for a year of service, collaboration and events. Our model is to be a long-term, trusted collaborative of learning professionals that is vendor-neutral and ethically based.
(Click here to apply today)
Learning CONSORTIUM Resources:
The Learning CONSORTIUM is a non-stop source of learning resources, invitations to benchmark, common work projects and exclusive access to Elliott Masie's research and development activity.
These are the learning challenges and opportunities we will explore in 2013:
- Learning Strategies
- Global Learning
- Leadership Development
- Performance Support/Workplace GPS
- Video for Learning
- Refreshing the Classroom
- Social Media for Learning & Collaboration
- Learning Apps
- Virtual Learning
- Technical Training
- Mobile Learning
Here are just some of the resources that your organization can access:
- Monthly Calls:
Elliott Masie hosts telephone conference calls about key industry initiatives related to your business, technology and learning decisions.
- Annual Fall Learning Conference:
Each member organization receives TWO COMPLIMENTARY SEATS to our annual fall Learning conference.
- Face-to-Face Member Gatherings:
Attend these FREE, regional, CONSORTIUM-only meetings on key industry topics.
- Learning Briefings:
Receive two personalized thirty-minute briefings by Elliott Masie or Bob Baker, our Chief Learning Officer. These are live telephone or videoconference briefings for your team, focused on changing leaning trends or key learning issues selected by your learning organization. Briefings are often scheduled as part of internal learning conferences or with senior executives. They can be digitally captured for later use by a wider audience within your organization.
We conduct periodic scans and surveys on key industry topics that gather information to help you find organizations for member-to-member dialogues and industry trend analysis.
- Collaboration & Mutual Support:
Ask questions of and share information/resources with your fellow members through our online discussion board.
- Learning LABS:
We are very excited to be refocusing the Learning CONSORTIUM to take an active and collaborative approach to innovative experiments and practices in the changing world of learning. Our goal is to conduct a yearlong set of Learning LAB activities that will include:
- Learning LABS at The MASIE Center: We have organized a set of innovative learning experiments at our LAB in Saratoga Springs (and will continue to organize more!). We will provide both recorded and captured activities as well as host a set of Open LAB Days, where CONSORTIUM members can come and experiment/brainstorm with our team.
- Learning LABS in Your Organization: We encourage CONSORTIUM members to participate in LAB activities that can be done at their workplace. These do not require any major space or a staff person but are a visible and collaborative model for experimenting with emerging learning approaches and a wide range of learner types.
- MASIE Center Events:
Use your membership discount on the wide range of Elliott Masie’s events.
Annual Membership Fee:
The fee is $5,000 for one year from your date of acceptance into the CONSORTIUM.
The Learning CONSORTIUM is an active community of practice and learning. We expect our members to:
- Participate in ongoing benchmarking, networking and dialogues
- Refrain from "selling" CONSORTIUM Members at group events
- Participate in a fashion that builds trust and openness within the group and honors diverse perspectives, confidentiality and competitive roles of members
The CONSORTIUM is looking for a few additional members, primarily large organizations implementing learning across the enterprise and a few larger vendor/suppliers.
MASIE Center staff reviews all applications for membership in the Learning CONSORTIUM. We ask that each organization applying complete the online form. We will then schedule a telephone interview to process the application.
(If you have any additional questions, please send an email to email@example.com )
Testimonials from CONSORTIUM Members:
Elliott is super approachable. I don't know of anyone who would feel uncomfortable having a conversation with him.
~David Barton, Michelin
The Learning Consortium is THE BEST way to stay connected and informed about the learning industry. The staff is dedicated and amazing and the value of the connections made through the Consortium help me every single day.
~Cary Harlow, The Hewlett Packard Company
The Learning Consortium provides an informed space for practitioners to understand what's going on in the area of learning and technology without being deluged by vendor and consultant proposals. It helps cut through the fog of commerce to help solve my business's learning problems.
~Ron Dickson, Intel
The Masie Center is a wealth of research knowledge. When I am deep in a project and need information or data, The Masie Center always comes through with what I need. They are the research wing of my learning efforts.
~Dave Sanderson, General Mills
Brilliant, engaging, funny, and thought provoking, Elliott and the Masie Center have gone beyond being a resource for trainers, they are influencing people in government, education, and industry around the world for the better.
~Gary Harris, Wegmans
The Learning Consortium is a strong network of great organizations who collaborate on learning. This has been a valuable source of knowledge for Deloitte.
~Nick van Dam, Deloitte Consulting